Residents evacuated after gas leak

An auger was being used to dig holes for a fence when the line was struck.

 

About 20 people had to evacuate their homes yesterday after a neighbour ruptured a gas line while digging a hole.

 

The Calgary Fire Department says the line was cut at a home on the 600 block of 23 Avenue at about 6:45 p.m.

 

An auger was being used to dig holes for a fence when the line was struck.

 

The residents of adjacent homes were evacuated and firefighters activated fire alarms at nearby apartment buildings.

Local roads were also closed until the gas could be shut off.

Everyone was allowed to return to their homes late last night.

 
Latest From ...
Most Popular From ...