(Reuters) - Media company Walt Disney Co <DIS.N> on Thursday named Oracle Corp's <ORCL.O> chief executive, Safra Catz, and her counterpart at Illumina Inc <ILMN.O>, Francis A. deSouza, to its board.
Disney said their election would be effective Feb. 1 but it was yet to decide on which committees they would serve on.
The company currently has 12 members on its board, including Facebook Inc's <FB.O> Sheryl Sandberg and Twitter Inc's <TWTR.N> Jack Dorsey.
The election of the two new members comes at a time when Disney is said to be in the lead to acquire much of Twenty-First Century Fox Inc's <FOXA.O> media empire.
Disney Chief Executive and Chairman Bob Iger contemplates on extending his tenure past 2019 to facilitate the integration of Fox's assets if a deal is completed, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
(Reporting by Arjun Panchadar in Bengaluru; Editing by Anil D'Silva)