(Reuters) - Championship leader Sebastien Ogier's M-Sport team have appealed after the Frenchman was stripped of four bonus points from Sunday's Rally Mexico, leaving him four clear of Hyundai's Thierry Neuville in the standings.
Stewards imposed a 10-second penalty on Ogier for hitting a chicane in the final Power Stage, in which he had been second fastest.
Neuville gained an additional bonus point as a result of Ogier's demotion out of the top five in the stage, leaving the rally winner on 56 and his Belgian rival on 52 after three rounds.
The next rally is Corsica on April 5-8.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
(Reporting by Alan Baldwin, editing by Ed Osmond)