(Reuters) - RingCentral Inc, a cloud-based business communications services provider, is working with an adviser after receiving takeover interest, Bloomberg reported on Wednesday, citing sources familiar with the matter.
The company's shares jumped as much as 19.9 percent to hit a record high of $43.05 in morning trading.
RingCentral is likely to attract interest from technology-focused private equity firms and other cloud-based software providers, according to Bloomberg. (https://bloom.bg/2vm9eMd)
The San Mateo, California-based company, which went public in 2013 and counts AT&T Inc among its customers, had a market capitalization of $2.7 billion as of Tuesday's close.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
RingCentral declined to comment.
(Reporting by Narottam Medhora in Bengaluru; Editing by Shounak Dasgupta)