- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures
- 12 dried apricot halves
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) jasmine or white rice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground cardamom
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) golden raisins
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) slivered almonds, toasted
1. Snip apricots into small slivers with kitchen shears
2. Melt margarine in large pot over medium heat. Sauté onion, rice, cardamom, salt
and pepper until rice is toasted, 8 minutes.
3. Stir in broth, raisins, almonds and apricots and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until broth is absorbed, 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to rd.ca or check out Key Ingredients in this month's Reader's Digest, on newsstands now!