Roast Vegetable and Bean Stew
- 1 small acorn squash
- 1 lb new potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1 1/2-in. chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into 1 1/2-in. chunks
- 2 parsnips, cut into 1 1/2-in. chunks
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1 1/2-in. chunks
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 large sprigs of fresh rosemary, plus extra to garnish
- 2 cans (540 ml) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup hot vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Halve squash and remove seeds, then peel skin and cut flesh into 1 1/2-in. chunks.
- 2. Put squash in bowl and add potatoes, carrots, parsnips and zucchini. Drizzle olive oil over vegetables and toss to coat. Stir in garlic, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- 3. Lay rosemary sprigs on bottom of large roasting pan and spread vegetables on top in single layer. Roast until lightly browned, about 30 minutes, turning once.
- 4. Remove from oven and stir in pinto beans, cider and broth. Cover pan tightly with foil, then return to oven and cook until vegetables are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Before serving, remove rosemary stalks and garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs.