• 4 pork chops
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) Roquefort cheese, crumbled
• grated zest of 1/2 lemon
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) chopped fresh rosemary
• 7 1/2 oz (229 g) young spinach leaves
• 1 tsp (5 ml) freshly grated nutmeg
• lemon wedges, to serve
1. With sharp knife, make horizontal slit in fat side of each pork chop without cutting through. Gently open out into pocket.
2. Mix cheese with lemon zest, then tuck into pocket of each chop, pressing meat back over firmly to enclose.
3. Brush chops lightly with oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper. Heat frying pan until hot, then reduce heat to medium and add chops. Fry 6-7 minutes per side or until golden and evenly cooked. Sprinkle rosemary over chops and turn once or twice to coat.
4. Remove chops and keep warm; add spinach to pan and stir until just wilted. Divide spinach among four serving plates. Add pork chop to each serving, then sprinkle lightly with nutmeg. Serve with lemon wedges.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures