• 2 tbsp (25 mL) currant jelly
• 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
• 4 tsp (20 mL) chopped fresh rosemary leaves
• 4 lean lamb loin chops
• 3-4 tbsp (45-60 mL) olive oil
• 1 eggplant, thickly sliced
• 8 slices ciabatta bread
1. In small pot, mix currant jelly, mustard and rosemary. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Put lamb chops on grill rack, brush with oil, then season. Arrange eggplant slices on grill rack, brushing with oil. Broil 6-8 minutes, turning lamb once and eggplant slices occasionally, until golden.
3. Gently heat glaze, then brush some over lamb. Broil further 2 minutes. Turn lamb over and glaze other side. Cook 1-2 more minutes.
4. Meanwhile, brush ciabatta slices with some oil and add to grill rack. Broil ciabatta until golden on both sides.
5. Heat remaining glaze until almost boiling. Put lamb and eggplant on serving plates, then spoon hot glaze over lamb. Serve with ciabatta.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Rosemary-glazed Lamb Chops