Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, were enthusiastically welcomed to Nova Scotia yesterday.
“My mother once said that this country felt like a home away from home for the Queen of Canada. Prime minister, I am delighted to report that it still does and I am delighted to be back amongst you all,” she said.
She added her pride in this country has never been dimmed and said she was very glad to be home.
Today is a full day for the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. Here are some highlights:
• Presentation The Duke of Edinburgh presents a World Ship Certificate to the HMCS Haida.
• Lunch break Luncheon at CFB Halifax.
• Naval inspection The royal couple will inspect ships for the International Fleet Review.
• Meeting the troops Reception at Government House for the 2nd Battalion Royal Canadian Regiment.
• Cultural celebration A Celebration of Nova Scotia at the Cunard Centre.
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures