Leaving your vacation behind to return to early morning meetings, and late nights studying can make anyone feel tired and burnt out. It can be difficult to find the energy to return to your normal routine following a vacation but there are many natural health habits you can incorporate into your lifestyle to make the transition back to work or school manageable.
“Returning to work following the perfect summer vacation can often feel draining on the body and mind” said Helen Sherrard, president of Canadian Health Food Association. “Fortunately, there are many easy ways to help your body through this transition.”
To get back to the daily grind with energy to spare, Canadian Health Food Association recommends:
1. Get some ZZZZZZs: Nothing increases energy like getting a good night's sleep. Mental Health Canada says most adults need seven to eight hours of sleep a night.
2. Take your vitamins: The human body requires nutrients to function at its best, and busy schedules and diet alone can make it difficult to provide the human body with everything it needs. Adding high quality multi–vitamins to a balanced diet can help you maintain a healthy nutrient consumption.
3. Add some Ginseng: Ginseng, which can be found at most natural health food stores, has long been used in Chinese medicine to increase energy and restore the body's equilibrium. Studies have found that ginseng can decrease fatigue and increase alertness.
4. Stay Hydrated: The body is comprised of approximately 75 per cent water and requires hydration to stay healthy and energized. Water also helps reduce hunger, keeps the mind alert and the skin looking young.
5. Take B vitamins: The vitamin B family, including vitamin B12, biotin and folic acid, is known for its energy boosting abilities. B vitamins can ward off fatigue by helping the body use glucose and aiding in the formation of red blood cells.
6. Eat Right: The human body requires a diet full of whole grains, fruits, vegetables and protein in order to function properly. Consult with your health care practitioner to ensure you are consuming a healthy diet.
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures