• 4 salmon steaks
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
• 1 small mango
• 1 small papaya
• 1in. (2.5cm) piece fresh ginger
• Handful of mint leaves
• 1 lime
• Salt and black pepper
1. Preheat grill to moderate and cover rack with foil.
2. For salsa, cut mango in half, remove flesh, dice finely and put into bowl. Cut papaya in half, scoop out and discard seeds, finely dice flesh and add to mango.
3. Peel ginger and grate into bowl. Rinse, dry and chop mint and add to bowl.
4. Wash wax off lime. Remove few shreds of zest for garnish. Grate the rest and add to salsa. Squeeze juice and add half to bowl, reserving remainder.
5. Season salsa with salt and plenty of pepper; mix well.
6. Put salmon steaks, skin sides down, onto foil on broiler rack. Brush with olive oil, season and sprinkle with remaining lime juice. Broil 6–8 minutes without turning. fish is done when flesh flakes easily.
7. Serve grilled salmon garnished with lime zest and accompanied by salsa.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Most Popular From ...