• Nonstick cooking spray
• 6 pork loin chops with bones, 3/4 in. (2 cm) thick and trimmed
• 1 lb (500 g) sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
• 1 large yellow onion, sliced
• 1 cup shredded carrot
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) apple cider or apple juice
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) firmly packed light brown sugar
• 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried rosemary leaves
• 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground ginger
• 1/4 tsp (1 ml) black pepper
1 Coat 10-in. (25-cm) non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over moderate heat. Add 3 pork chops and cook 3 minutes per side or until browned. Remove chops. Repeat with remaining chops.
2 Add sauerkraut, onion, carrot, apple cider, brown sugar, rosemary, ginger and pepper to skillet; stir until mixed.
3 Place chops on top of sauerkraut mixture. Bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, 5 to 6 minutes or until chops are no longer pink inside.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures