• 1 lb (450 g) fresh scallops
• 12 oz (335 g) dried tagliatelle
• 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
• Bunch of parsley
• Bunch of mint
• Bunch of chives
• 1 lemon
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) wine vinegar
• 5 tbsp (75 ml) olive oil
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) capers
• 6 large pitted black olives
• Salt and black pepper
1. Put large pot of water on to boil. For dressing, rinse and dry herbs. Chop parsley and mint, snip chives and put in measuring cup; you need 3/4 cup (175 ml).
2. Grate lemon rind and add to measuring cup with vinegar and olive oil. Roughly chop capers and olives and add, then season to taste with salt and black pepper, mix and set aside.
3. Check each scallop has had muscle removed, then rinse and dry.
4. Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package instructions.
5. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large frying pan over high heat and fry scallops 4–6 minutes until lightly browned and just cooked through.
6. Remove from heat and pour on dressing. Drain pasta well and serve topped with dressed scallops.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Scallops with Herb Dressing