• 2 tbsp (25 ml) olive oil
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 1 green pepper, chopped
• 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
• 7 oz (200 g) bacon, chopped
• 1 large tomato, chopped
• 1 1/3 cups (325 ml) paella rice
• 1/2 tsp (2 ml) saffron threads, crushed
• 5 cups (1.25 l) hot chicken stock
• 14 oz (400 g) frozen cooked seafood mix
1. Heat oil in large, nonstick frying pan. Add onion, pepper, garlic and bacon pieces, and cook over gentle heat 5 minutes. Add tomato and cook 2 minutes.
2. Add rice and stir to coat in oil. Add saffron threads and heat for a few seconds, then pour in hot stock. Bring to boil, then stir lightly and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Mix in frozen seafood, return to gentle simmer and cook until rice is tender and liquid absorbed, stirring occasionally. Serve.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures