- 1 kg fresh or frozen and thawed skinless flounder, sole, or other fish fillets
- 500 g fresh sea scallops or peeled, deveined, fresh large shrimp
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium herb stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beatens
- 1. Rinse fish and pat dry. In large pot, bring 4 cups water to boil; add scallops and cook 1 to 3 minutes or just until scallops turn opaque. Drain scallops; cut into quarters. Cook spinach and onion according to directions on spinach package; drain well, pressing out excess liquid with paper towels. In medium-size bowl, using heavy spoon, slightly crush stuffing mix. Stir in spinach-onion mixture, stuffing mix, sour cream, Parmesan cheese and egg. Mix well. Carefully stir in scallops.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Measure length of fillets. Cut long fillets or overlap thinner ends of 2 short fillets to make pieces 18 to 20 cm in length. Spread about 1/2 cup of scallop mixture evenly on top of each fish piece. Roll fish pieces up, starting from narrow ends. Secure each roll with toothpicks. Place rolls, seam side down, in lightly greased 33 cm x 23 cm x 5 cm baking dish.
- 3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with fork. To serve, carefully remove toothpicks and sprinkle fish rolls with paprika.
For nutritional information and additional recipes, please visit rd.ca.