Re: “Garbage tax in Toronto”:
I have been reading a lot recently about charging more for our city’s garbage collection, with new containers holding anywhere from one to four bags and we would pay based on how much garbage we put out. I am sure most of us know this, but we pay taxes ... period.
There’s no new user fee or tax if the mayor or other city officials want to charge the little guy more, so why not just charge a little more tax each year?
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
To me, this garbage tax idea stinks.
You will have people sneaking around putting garbage on other people’s curbs early in the morning and won’t that be a mess?
Just charge a little more tax on everyone in the city and a set amount for each apartment building based on its size, which the landlords can pass on to the renters.
Let’s make it fair for everyone, not just pick on the homeowners!