CALGARY - A seventh person has died in the Calgary area from taking tainted ecstasy.
Tests results released Monday reveal a young man found dead on the SAIT campus earlier this month had PMMA, a toxic additive, in his system.
On Sunday, a 37-year-old man was found dead from an apparent drug overdose and two people who were with him were in hospital in serious condition.
Meanwhile, toxicology reports are not in on the two women found in a downtown hotel on Saturday suffering apparent drug overdoses.
Numerous tips have come into police but Staff Sgt. Mike Bossley of the drug unit said not enough to narrow down a source or dealer.
He says it's up to the Crown to lay murder charges if a dealer or manufacturer is connected to the tainted drug.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures
Bossley says ecstasy is becoming harder to find on the street and people are scared to take it. (CFFR)