Sexy summer sippers
Picture this: Sandy beaches, the bluest sky and ocean waves gentlycaressing the shore. Alas, the only surfing you’re doing this summerinvolves a computer and an ergonomically incorrect office chair.
Picture this: Sandy beaches, the bluest sky and ocean waves gently caressing the shore. Alas, the only surfing you’re doing this summer involves a computer and an ergonomically incorrect office chair. Luckily, you don’t have to jet off to Tahiti to unwind. Stir up these simple recipes for four delish drinks that will have you cha-cha-cha-ing the night away with your honey before you can say “Copacabana.”
• 6 parts pear-flavoured vodka
• 1 part fresh lemon juice
• 2 tsp sugar
• 1 small ripe pear, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
• 1 bottle sparkling muscat (or other sweet sparkling wine)
• Crystallized ginger for garnish
In a pitcher, combine the lemon juice, sugar, pear and vodka. Stir well to combine, until sugar is dissolved. Pour into six champagne flutes. Fill each glass with muscat and garnish with crystallized ginger.
Mango and Passionfruit Daiquiri
• 1 oz. white or coconut-flavoured rum
• 15 mL (1/2 oz.) mango purée (or half a ripe mango)
• 15 mL (1/2 oz.) passionfruit purée (or strained passionfruit flesh)
• 15 mL (1/2 oz.) fresh lime juice
• Sugar to taste
Mix all ingredients in a shaker. Fill with cubed and crushed ice; shake vigorously until chilled. Double-strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a slice of ripe mango and half a passionfruit.
A Sigh of Relief
• 1 part açai-flavoured tequila
• 1 part melon liqueur
• 1 fresh kiwi, peeled
Muddle peeled kiwi in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and all other ingredients. Shake vigorously and strain over fresh ice in a short glass. Garnish with a kiwi wheel.
For more fun entertaining ideas, “Like” us at Facebook.com/2ForCouples