Got moves? Well, warm up your jazz hands and grab your dancing shoes because So You Think You Can Dance Canada is returning to Vancouver. Auditions for the second season start Saturday at the Centre For Performing Arts before heading east across the country.
Jean Marc Genereux, who is back as a judge, said Vancouver seems to have a lot of trained dancers, while Calgary produced a lot of ballroom dancers.
“It’s kind of interesting to see some cities have more of one style and less of another,” he said.
“We are a country with so much talent. And people don’t go to the ballet anymore, so we’ve brought dancing back to peoples’ homes.”
Leah Miller, who is also returning as the show’s host, said she was blown away by how talented and humble last year’s competitors were.
“The dancers don’t get days off. They dance sometimes 14 hours a day,” she said. “They’re dedicated.”
Jean Marc Genereux:
• Prepare to dance to more than one piece of music in case there are technical problems with the stereo system.
• Wear something comfortable and something that represents who you are, not something you want to be.
• Make sure you make good use of the lights and the stage.
• Load up your positive energy.
• You have to prove that you’re passionate, that this is something you want to do and that you take it seriously, because the judges will know otherwise.
• Close your eyes, don’t think of the people watching you and dance with your heart.
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures