Shrimp with Dill Dressing
- 1 cup mixed basmati and wild rice, rinsed
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 250 g broccoli florets
- 250 g snow peas, halved
- 500 g large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Cook rice with lime zest according to package instructions. Drain and add to wide salad bowl. Discard zest.
- 2. Whisk 1 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp canola oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper in small bowl. Drizzle dressing over rice and stir to mix. Spread out rice in bowl and leave to cool.
- 3. Steam broccoli over pot of boiling water 4 minutes. Add snow peas and steam 2 minutes. Drain vegetables and refresh under cold running water.
- 4. Heat remaining canola oil in skillet. Add shrimp; cook over high heat until cooked through, 1–2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and sprinkle with remaining lime juice.
- 5. Add pepper, scallions and dill to rice; stir gently. Pile shrimp on top and serve.