Simple Salmon and Asparagus
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 leek, bottom half only, washed and sliced
- 250 g tender asparagus spears
- 125 g sugar snap peas
- 4 tbsp dry white wine
- 1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh chives (garnish)
1. Run your fingertips over each salmon fillet to check for any stray bones, pulling out any that remain. Arrange leek slices in single layer in bottom of large, shallow flameproof casserole. Lay pieces of salmon on top. Surround fish with asparagus and sugar snap peas. Pour in wine and stock, and dot butter over fish. Season with salt and pepper.
2 . Bring to boil, then cover casserole with tight-fitting lid and reduce heat so liquid simmers gently. Cook fish and vegetables until salmon is pale pink all the way through and vegetables are tender, 12–14 minutes. Sprinkle chives over salmon and serve.