With Christmas shopping, festive school concerts and the hectic pace everyone endures during the holiday season, turning to your slow cooker for help to get meals on the table with little fuss makes perfect sense.
This warm and comforting classic is perfect for such a time and it will no doubt become a family favourite.
Classic Macaroni and Cheese
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 45 Pictures
- 10 finalists for TIME Person of the Year 2018 11 Pictures
- 1.5 l (6 cups) cooked macaroni
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 1 l (4 cups) evaporated milk
- 1.5 l (6 cups) old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 ml (2 tsp) salt
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) black pepper
1. In a large mixing bowl, toss macaroni with butter. Stir in evaporated milk, cheese, salt and pepper.
2. Place in a slow cooker. Cover; cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.