• Fresh pizza dough (I buy mine at an Italian market, or make it yourself)
• 1 large leek, washed and green portions chopped
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 175 g mascarpone cheese (use about 3/4 of container)
• 150 g package of frozen sliced wild smoked salmon, thawed
• Salt and pepper
Using 1 tbsp oil, sauté leeks in frying pan until soft. Set aside. Roll out dough onto pizza pan. Using remaining oil, coat surface of dough.
Cover dough with sautéed leeks. Then place smoked salmon on top of leeks. I like to slightly overlap the triangular pieces of salmon so it looks like a pinwheel. In the areas not covered by the salmon, using a tablespoon, add toonie-sized dollops of mascarpone cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake at 350 F until crust is cooked and cheese is melted. Enjoy with a green salad and a glass of white wine.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
• Exclusive contest for Metro readers! Visit www.20minutesupperclub.com/metro and be entered to win a $50 President’s Choice gift certificate to stock your cupboards with delicious PC products. For product information and store locations, visit PC.ca. A weekly winner will be drawn from now until the end of October.
– 20 Minute Supper Club helps you get dinner ready in a snap. Sign up for quick and delicious recipes, cooking and food tips. It’s free at www.20minutesupperclub.com
Smoked Salmon, Mascarpone and Leek Pizza