Smoked Salmon Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups 1% milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 large sprigs fresh dill
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 125 g smoked salmon trimmings, cut into fine strips
- Canola oil
- Snipped chives, to garnish
- 1. Use fork to whisk 2 tbsp sour cream and lemon juice into jug of milk. Pour half into blender. Add scallions and eggs; blend 1 minute. Add dill and flour; blend until smooth with pieces of scallion and chopped dill. Add remaining milk mixture and blend. Stir in 50 g salmon and season with black pepper.
- 2. Preheat oven to 300°F. Heat frying pan to medium hot; add oil and swirl to coat. Spoon in 2 tbsp batter to make pancake 3 1/2 in. across. Make two or three more, spacing slightly apart. Cook until small bubbles appear on surfaces and tops are dry. Turn over and cook about 1 minute. Remove from pan and keep warm in oven on baking sheet. Repeat for remaining batter.
- 3. Put teaspoon of sour cream in centres of pancakes, then top with slivers of smoked salmon and garnish with chives. Serve.
- Prepare for GoT season 8 with this Game of Thrones whisky 8 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures