This appetizer is a twist on the classic Potato Skordalia. The rich flavours of smoked salmon and dill complement the creamy potato base.
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 45 Pictures
- 10 finalists for TIME Person of the Year 2018 11 Pictures
- Half of a 750-g bag frozen potato chunks (about 750 ml/3 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 250 ml (1 cup) vegetable or chicken broth
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sour cream
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) finely chopped smoked salmon
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) finely chopped red onion
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh dill
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) grated lemon rind
- Flatbread or lightly toasted bread rounds
1. In a large saucepan, bring frozen potatoes, garlic and stock to a simmer. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Mash potatoes evenly and stir in sour cream, smoked salmon, onion, dill and lemon rind until smooth. Spread on flatbread or rounds.