• 2/3 lb (300 g) spaghetti
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
• 12-oz (350 g) scallops, quartered if large
• 7 oz (200 g) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-in. (3-cm) lengths
• 1/2 tsp (2 ml) grated fresh ginger
• 1/2 lemon, zest grated and juiced
• 1/2 lb (250 g) Swiss chard leaves, coarsely shredded
• 1/3 cup (75 ml) water
1. Cook spaghetti in large pot of lightly salted boiling water according to packet instructions. When ready, drain.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add scallops in a single layer and cook, turning occasionally, about 3 minutes or until lightly golden and almost cooked through. Transfer scallops to plate, using slotted spoon, and keep warm.
3. Add asparagus to wok with ginger and lemon zest. Cook, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes until starting to soften.
4. Add Swiss chard leaves to wok and toss lightly. Pour in water, cover wok and cook about 5 minutes until Swiss chard is wilted and asparagus is tender.
5. Return scallops to wok with lemon juice and season to taste. Add spaghetti to wok and gently toss to mix with scallops and asparagus. Serve at once.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Spaghetti with Scallops, Asparagus and Swiss Chard