This Spicy Tofu and Bok Choy dish is tasty on its own or served over a bed of rice or noodles. You can chop the tofu after it’s been fried and chop the bok choy after steaming for a more traditional stir fry if desired.
Spicy Tofu and Bok Choy
- Half pkg (350 g) extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 3 baby bok choy
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Asian garlic chili paste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped peanuts (optional)
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
1. Slice tofu lengthwise into 4 slices and pat with paper towel. In shallow dish, combine flour and sesame seeds. Brush tofu with sesame oil lightly, reserving remaining and coat tofu in flour mixture on both sides.
2. In a non-stick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium high heat and fry tofu for about 8 minutes, turning once. Remove to paper towel lined plate; set aside. Wipe out skillet.
3. Return skillet to medium heat and add reserved sesame oil. Add bok choy, ginger, garlic and chili paste and cook, stirring gently for 2 minutes. Cover and steam for about 3 minutes or until tender crisp. Uncover and remove bok choy to plate with tofu. Add water, soy sauce and rice vinegar to skillet and bring to boil. Whisk in peanut butter until smooth. Return bok choy and tofu to sauce and stir to coat in sauce. Serve sprinkled with peanuts if using.