• 2 tsp (10 ml) olive oil
• 250 g lean boneless lamb, cubed
• 2 tsp (10 ml) ground coriander
• 2 tsp (10 ml) ground cumin
• 1 tsp (5 ml) ground ginger
• 1 1/3 cup (200 ml) vegetable juice
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable stock
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) tomato paste
• 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes
• 3 zucchini, halved lengthwise and thickly sliced
• 1 cup (250 ml) couscous
1. Heat oil in large saucepan or flameproof casserole dish. Add lamb and cook over moderate heat 5 minutes, or until lamb is richly browned. Sprinkle spices into pan and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
2. Stir in vegetable juice, stock and tomato paste and boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook 30 minutes.
3. Stir in butternut squash and cook 5 minutes, then add zucchini. Cover and cook gently 25 minutes, or until lamb and vegetables are tender.
4. About 15 minutes before lamb is ready, prepare couscous. Cook following package instructions, then fluff with a fork.
5. Divide couscous among serving bowls and spoon lamb stew over top. Serve immediately.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures