• 2 large skinless chicken breast fillets
• 1 1/2 tbsp (20 mL) Cajun spice mixture
• Tabasco to taste
• 8 soft flour tortillas
• 1 papaya
• 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
• Juice of 1 lime
• 4 cups (1 L) delicate mixed salad leaves
1. Cut chicken breasts lengthwise into eight long strips. Sprinkle spice mixture over plate, add chicken strips and toss to coat. Sprinkle lightly with Tabasco, then set aside 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, warm tortillas according to package instructions. Cut papaya in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds, then cut each half into eight slices and peel.
3. Heat 2 tbsp (25 mL) oil in large frying pan. Add coated chicken strips and stir-fry 6 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat, sprinkle with half of lime juice and toss, scraping residue from pan.
4. Divide salad leaves among warm tortillas. Sprinkle over remaining oil and lime juice, then top with chicken strips and slices of papaya. Season to taste, then roll up loosely and serve at once, two per person.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- PHOTOS: Filipino devotees nailed to crosses to re-enact crucifixion4 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures