• 1 green chilli pepper
• 1 small green pepper
• 1 small red onion
• 3 scallions
• 4 dressed crabs in their shells, to yield 1 lb (500 g) crab meat
• 3 oz (85 g) ricotta cheese
• Salt and black pepper
• 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) French mayonnaise
• 1 tsp (5 ml) dried chili flakes
• 4 slices of white bread
1. Rinse, dry, deseed and finely slice peppers. Halve, peel and thinly slice red onion. Rinse, dry, trim and slice scallions, including some of green parts, and put all into mixing bowl.
2. Take crab meat out of shells and add to mixing bowl with ricotta cheese, stirring until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Stir chili flakes into mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper if necessary. Place in serving bowl and set aside.
4. Toast bread, quarter into triangles, and arrange on serving platter. Pile crab mixture in centre and place bowl of chili mayonnaise on one side.
5. Let each person help themselves to crab mixture, spreading on toast and topping with chili-flavoured mayonnaise.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures