Spicy Napolitana Spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- A pinch white sugar
- 2 x 398-mL cans tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp crushed chili flakes
- 400 g spaghetti
- 450-g jar roasted red or mixed peppers, drained and sliced
- 3/4 cup stuffed green olives, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1. Heat oil in medium-sized pot, add onion and sugar, then cook gently 5 minutes. Meanwhile, tip tomatoes into food processor and whiz to make purée.
- 2. Add puréed tomatoes and crushed chili flakes to onion in pot and season lightly with salt and plenty of pepper. Bring to boil, then cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat 20 minutes.
- 3. While sauce is cooking, cook spaghetti in pot of salted boiling water according to pack instructions.
- 4. Drain pasta and turn into warmed serving bowl. Spoon over sauce, add peppers and olives, and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately with Parmesan.