MARSEILLE, France — A stage being built for a Madonna concert in the French port city of Marseille collapsed Thursday, leaving one dead and six injured, the fire department said.
The stage at the Stade Velodrome stadium fell apart on top of several workers. Two of the injuries were serious, Interior Minister Brice Hortefeux said. All of the injured were taken to local hospitals.
The identities of the dead and injured were not immediately released.
The cause of the stage collapse was not clear. The area was cordoned off after the accident.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
Madonna “Sticky&Sweet” tour was to arrive in Marseille on Sunday, but the concert was cancelled after the stage collapse, according to Maurice Di Nocera, Marseille city councillor in charge of major events.