Stir-fried Chicken and Avocado Salad with Hot Balsamic Dressing
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures
- 500 g boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, slivered
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 strips turkey bacon, diced
- 2 heads Boston lettuce, leaves
- 1 bunch watercress
- 2 avocados
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1. For salad, place lettuce leaves in large salad bowl. Trim tips of watercress and toss with lettuce. Peel and halve avocados; discard pits. Slice avocados lengthwise, 1 cm thick, and toss with lemon juice. Halve tomatoes and slice onion into thin slivers. Scatter avocados, tomatoes and red onion on top of salad and refrigerate.
- 2. Cut chicken lengthwise into 2.5 cm wide strips. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; stir-fry until chicken turns opaque, 3 minutes.
- 3. Add honey, mustard and vinegar; mix well. Add turkey bacon and stir-fry until bacon is cooked and chicken is tender and moist, 3 minutes.
- 4. Spoon chicken strips, bacon and any remaining liquid on top of salad. Serve with wedges of warm, crusty bread.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca