Prep time: 3-5 min
• 75 ml (1/3 cup) slivered almonds
• 30 ml (2 tbsp) seedless strawberry preserves or jam
• 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
• 10 ml (2 tsp) balsamic vinegar
• 5 ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
• 750 ml (3 cups) diced English cucumber
• 250 ml (1 cup) sliced fresh strawberries
• 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped fresh mint
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• Lettuce leaves for serving, such as bibb, romaine or red leaf lettuce
1. Place almonds in a small, dry skillet and set pan over medium heat. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until almonds are golden brown, shaking the pan frequently to prevent burning. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together preserves, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard. Add cucumber, strawberries, mint and toasted almonds and toss to combine. Season with salt and black pepper. Serve inside lettuce leaves or over chopped lettuce.