This is an elegant entree for your next dinner party. Each slice is studded with cranberries, apples and nuts.
Elegant Pork Tenderloin
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Apple Emoji update includes a llama, skateboard and some bagel drama 24 Pictures
- 1 pork tenderloin (625 to 750 g/1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lb)
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) diced onion
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) dry seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) chopped toasted walnuts
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) fresh or frozen cranberries, halved if large
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chopped fresh sage leaves or 2 ml (1/2 tsp) dried (approx)
- Chicken broth or water
- Salt and pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil or butter, melted
- Cut tenderloin almost through lengthwise; open like a book. Place plastic wrap on top and under tenderloin; pound with rolling pin to flatten to even thickness. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan or skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium-high heat until tender and browned. Stir in breadcrumbs, apple, walnuts, cranberries and sage. Moisten slightly with up to 50 ml (1/4 cup) broth until mixture holds together when pressed. Season with salt, pepper and more sage to taste.
- Place tenderloin, smooth side down, on work surface. Press filling along length of centre third; roll meat around filling to enclose completely. Tie with string at 4-cm (1 1/2-inch) intervals. (Can be wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight at this point.)
- Place, seam-side-down, in lightly greased baking dish. Brush with oil. Sprinkle with pepper to taste. Roast in a 180 C (350 F) oven for 45 minutes until meat thermometer inserted in centre registers 71 C (160 F) or until juices run clear when pork is pierced and just a hint of pink remains inside.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing into 2-cm (3/4-inch) slices.