• 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
• 3.8-oz (110-g) bottle or package hamburger seasoning mix
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) tomato sauce
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated cheddar
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
1. Put meat, hamburger seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and salt and freshly ground black pepper into bowl. Knead mixture until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand 5–10 minutes.
2. Divide mixture into four; shape each portion into flat patty. Using thumb, make deep hole in centre of each patty, taking care not to push all the way through.
3. Place a quarter of cheese into centre of each patty, then mould meat over to cover cheese. If necessary, press flat.
4. Heat oil in large frying pan. Add patties and cook over moderate heat until cooked through, 5–7 minutes per side. Serve with tomato sauce.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- Photos: Women's March In New York City30 Pictures
- PHOTOS: 16 Betty White quotes to brighten your day17 Pictures