• 1/2 cup pine nuts
• 4 green onions, chopped
• 2 red peppers, chopped
• 2 tbsp sesame seeds
• 4 cooked turkey sausages
• 2 cups whole wheat pasta, such as fusilli
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Combine pine nuts, raw green onions and sesame seeds in a bowl. Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar and toss. Set mixture aside.
2. Cook the turkey sausages in a non-stick frying pan on medium to low heat.
3. Cook pasta. Once the sausages are cooked, cut them into slices and add to the pine nut and onion mixture.
4. Drain the fat from the frying pan and toss in the chopped red pepper for 3 minutes, just to sear.
5. Add the peppers and pasta to the rest of the ingredients. Stir until thoroughly mixed and enjoy.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
• Exclusive contest for Metro readers! Visit www.20minutesupperclub.com/metro and be entered to win a $50 President’s Choice gift certificate to stock your cupboards with delicious PC products. For product information and store locations, visit PC.ca. A weekly winner will be drawn from now until the end of October.
– 20 Minute Supper Club helps you get dinner ready in a snap. Sign up for quick and delicious recipes, cooking and food tips. It’s free at www.20minutesupperclub.com
- PHOTOS: Celebrities attend 'Avengers: Endgame' premiere in Los Angeles29 Pictures
- PHOTOS: This Pakistani waiter looks just like Peter Dinklage8 Pictures