Instead of buying costly commercial salsas with preservatives, make this fresh spicy red version in minutes. Just remember, when handling the hot peppers such as jalapenos, use rubber gloves and keep hands away from eyes. This recipe comes from
Fiery Red Salsa
Makes 750 ml (3 cups).
• 2 large garlic cloves
• 1 medium onion
• 2 to 4 jalapeno peppers, quartered
• 125 ml (1/2 cup) cilantro leaves
• 2 to 5 ml (1/2 to 1 tsp) sugar
• 2 cans, 398 ml each (14 oz), whole tomatoes, drained
• 15 ml (1 tbsp) lime juice
• Salt to taste
• Tortilla chips for serving
Put all ingredients except tortilla chips into blender container in order given in recipe. Cover and pulse three times. Pour into bowl; serve with tortilla chips.
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures