Heavenly Eggnog Cheesecake
Smooth and light, this no-bake cheesecake needs only a dollop of whipped cream and a cranberry on each slice to bring delight at the end of a holiday dinner.
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Remove from heat. Add graham crumbs and orange zest. Mix well. Press firmly into bottom and 2.5 cm (1 inch) up side of greased 23-cm (9-inch) springform pan. Chill for 1 hour.
2. In a small saucepan, combine milk and rum. Sprinkle gelatin over top. Let stand for 1 minute. Heat and stir on medium-low heat for about 1 minute until gelatin is dissolved.
3. Remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese for about 3 minutes until smooth. Slowly add gelatin mixture, beating constantly until smooth. Add eggnog, vanilla pudding powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat well.
5. In a medium bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold into eggnog mixture. Spread evenly in crust. Chill for about 3 hours until set. Cut into wedges to serve.
Makes 16 servings.
1. In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, cranberry cocktail and sugar. Heat on medium for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until boiling and cranberries are softened.
2. In a small cup, stir orange juice into cornstarch until smooth. Add to cranberry mixture. Heat and stir for 1 to 2 minutes until boiling and thickened.
3. Add butter, orange zest and salt. Stir well. Let cool.
Makes about 400 ml (1 2/3 cups) sauce. Spoon over individual servings of cheesecake.
Nutrients per serving with 22 ml (1 1/2 tbsp) sauce: 398 calories, 27.2 g fat, 93 mg cholesterol, 32 g carbohydrates, 1 g fibre, 6 g protein, 370 mg sodium.
Latest From ...
- Peloton sued for using songs by Katy Perry, Rihanna, Timberlake, othersRobots compete with child jockeys in Egyptian camel racesEntertainment
- CEO steps down as Warner Bros probes his role in helping actressA toast to St. Patrick's Day with Conor McGregorLifestyle
- How to get free rides from Lyft during Black History MonthForgot Valentine’s Day? All the ways to send flowers online so they'll get there on timeSports
- Mets just let Gio Gonzalez go to YankeesGiants GM Dave Gettleman talks Eli Manning, Odell Beckham Jr. trade, more
- Peloton sued for using songs by Katy Perry, Rihanna, Timberlake, othersRobots compete with child jockeys in Egyptian camel racesRoyal household split: Prince Harry and Meghan go it aloneCEO steps down as Warner Bros probes his role in helping actressA toast to St. Patrick's Day with Conor McGregor'Empire' actor Smollett pleads not guilty to lying about Chicago attackHow to get free rides from Lyft during Black History MonthForgot Valentine’s Day? All the ways to send flowers online so they'll get there on timeAramingo Carpet & Flooring takes the meaning of family business to a new level