• 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped onion
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) olive oil, divided
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) butter, divided
• 1/4 cup (50 ml) beef broth
• 16 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced fresh parsley
• 4 beef tenderloin steaks
1. In small skillet, sauté onion and garlic in 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil and 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter until tender. Add broth; cook and stir 1 minute. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, 3-5 minutes. Add parsley.
2. Meanwhile, make horizontal cut three-fourths of way through each steak. Place three shrimp in each pocket. Cover remaining shrimp and sauce for garnish; set aside and keep warm.
3. In large skillet, heat remaining oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook until meat reaches desired doneness (10-13 minutes for medium), turning once. Top with remaining shrimp and sauce.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca