This month Dolce & Gabbana will celebrates the 20th anniversary of its men’s line with a special retrospective exhibit in Italy and a celebrity bash. We remember some of the brand’s more memorable men’s moments.
• Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana show their first men’s collection. They quickly earn a loyal celebrity following for their sharp tailoring.
• The designers enter the men’s fragrance fray with Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme.
• Avid football fans, the designers release the book Calcio, which pays tribute to soccer players through images of 44 athletes all dressed in D&G. It’s the beginning of a long professional relationship.
• D&G create the uniforms for the A.C. Milan soccer team.
• The designers form an exclusive agreement to dress the World Cup Italy team.
• Mickey Rourke becomes the latest in a long line of celebrities to wear D&G on the red carpet.
• D&G taps some of Italy’s most popular and chiseled World Cup athletes to appear in its underwear ads.
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures