Mobile technology is rapidly transforming business travel — for the better. Broadband networks, feature-rich smartphones and an explosion of mobile applications now deliver useful information and tools to your fingertips, making it easier for you to get from A to B and back.
“Business travellers want to make their time away from the office as worry-free as possible,” said Gordon Stein, vice president, Rogers Business Segment.
- PHOTOS: 16 Betty White quotes to brighten your day17 Pictures
- PHOTOS: It was a stylish No Pants Subway Ride 2019 in NYC19 Pictures
“The right mobile technologies can offer convenience and productivity so that you can stay connected with colleagues, manage office responsibilities and address client needs while away.”
Here are some smart travel tips to consider when your business takes you on the road:
• Eliminate the uncertainty of roaming fees — If you travel regularly, ask your service provider about plans like Rogers One Rate that allow you to pay for a single allotment of voice or data to use anywhere in Canada or the U.S and pool your data with co-workers travelling along with you. If you’re an occasional traveller, a one-time purchase of a voice, text or data package will let you talk, text and surf in many worldwide destinations.
• Connect when and where you need it — Searching for Wi-Fi or Ethernet networks can be a hassle when travelling for business. Save time and stay connected wherever you are with a high-speed mobile Internet solution like an embedded laptop from Rogers, which provides a mobile office with its built-in connectivity.
• Take your travel resources mobile — There are many mobile applications that can increase the convenience and reduce the uncertainty of business travel like the Cortado Print and Fax app that lets you to print, scan and fax documents from your smartphone, or the SalesNow CRM app that helps you manage contacts and deals, and view sales funnels and forecasts