Graduates who partied hard into the early hours Saturday morning say Steven Larson drank modestly and didn’t take any drugs.

The 18-year-old Devon man spent his last night alive at a “safe grad” party. He died hours after being picked up in the morning, while his family was en route for an ATV trip in their camper.

“He went to lay down in the trailer on our way, he had been up all night,” his father David Larson said.
“We found him hunched over in the bathroom and did CPR until the ambulance showed up.”

David said his son was acting normally in the hours before his death, and wasn’t showing any warning signs of illness before he died suddenly.

His family won’t know what took his life until receiving results from an autopsy conducted later today.
Officials at the Rocky Mountain House General Hospital told David his son’s body wasn’t exhibiting any signs of a drug overdose.

Minus a few joints passed around at the party, the grads kept it clean, partygoers confirmed, adding Steven sat around chatting with friends all night.

“He would have let us know if he was on drugs. He was pretty clean-cut,” his father said. “He brought a full bottle of booze to the party and came back with three-quarters of it.”

Funeral arrangements are postponed until the cause of death is determined. A memorial by his son’s grad party committee is in the works, David added.

Latest From ...