- 500 g lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 540 ml can stewed tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 medium-size apple, unpeeled and chopped
- 4 large green onions with tops, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp chopped pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1 tbsp minced pickled jalapeño
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds
- 1/2 tsp each ground cinnamon and ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1. In skillet, cook ground beef and garlic over moderately high heat until meat is browned. Drain off fat.
- 2. Stir in tomatoes, apple, green onions, raisins, water, olives, jalapeño pepper, vinegar, sugar, celery seeds, cinnamon, cumin, salt, black pepper and cloves.
- 3. Bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.