Thai Pork Patties with Bok Choy
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground pork
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 ml) Thai green curry paste
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon grass in oil
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Canola oil
- 7 oz (200 g) bok choy, sliced lengthwise
- 6 oz (175 g) oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) coconut milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fish sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sesame seeds
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- 1. Mix scallions, pork, curry paste, lemon grass and egg white until evenly bound together, pressing mixture firmly with back of mixing spoon.
- 2. Divide mixture into 12, then shape into patties, flattening with your fingers.
- 3. Heat 1 tbsp (15 mLl oil in heavy-based frying pan and fry patties, turning once, 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
- 4. While patties are frying, heat a wide frying pan or wok with remaining oil and add bok choy and mushrooms. Stir-fry over high heat 2-3 minutes to soften.
- 5. Stir coconut milk and fish sauce into vegetables, bring to boil; simmer 1 minute. Serve pork patties with bok choy and coconut mixture, sprinkled with sesame seeds.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to rd.ca