110 Queen St. E (at Jarvis)
Hours: Mon - Fri 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Sat - Sun 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.?
Rating: ** 1/2
Price range: $1.50 to $15.95
Lunch with co-workers: Yes
Thai is a great lunch choice because it’s affordable and you can cater to your whims. Vegetarian or meat? Soup or salad? Rice or noodles?
A lunch menu is available, but I’ve come for the Pumpkin Curry ($9.95), so I order off the regular menu.
I start with Green Mango Salad ($7.95). The mango is crisp, the dressing tangy and the cashews freshly toasted. The only drawback? Rubbery chicken.
Pumpkin Curry is an exciting choice for fall. Red curry with pumpkin, lime and Thai basil leaves in coconut milk comes with steamed rice and choice of pork or chicken. It’s velvety and rich with a slight kick of heat. Comforting, but disappointing that without the chicken, it’s just pumpkin and sauce.
Curious observation: Not a hint of cilantro anywhere! Good for the cilantro haters, but I missed it.
Latest From ...
- When Wall Street was a wall, and why it didn't workSchumer pushes for bill to protect furloughed workers financially during government shutdo...Entertainment
- Is the Lion King on Netflix?How many kids does Kate Middleton have?Lifestyle
- Is Starbucks open on Martin Luther King Day?Is Wawa open on MLK Day?Sports
- College Basketball Radford Longwood free live stream, watch online2019 Baseball Hall of Fame Tracker: Rivera, Mussina in
- When Wall Street was a wall, and why it didn't workSchumer pushes for bill to protect furloughed workers financially during government shutdo...Update: Whoopi Goldberg apologizes for telling de Blasio that bike lanes are 'screwing' up...Is the Lion King on Netflix?How many kids does Kate Middleton have?Conan O'Brien's TBS talk show returns with a whole new look and formatIs Starbucks open on Martin Luther King Day?Is Wawa open on MLK Day?Finding the perfect outdoor space with the cast of Backyard Envy