In the heart of southeast False Creek, the latest project James by Cressey Development looks to the little things that add up to an eco-conscious state of mind.
“The tagline being ‘Thoughtful details,’ it’s been our M.O. to make sure we do the small things right,” says development manager David Evans of Cressey Group.
“And I think that’s seen within the suites with a built-in entertainment niche to tuck away your TV, and utility, cutlery and utensils drawer organizers already included.
“Recycling and waste bins under the sink are pre-organized to separate different materials to help deal with some of the day-to-day issues you and I would have to encourage that kind of mentality that much further,” he said.
The interiors come in two colour schemes, Sunday morning and Saturday night, and feature modern design finishes like hardwood floors, wooden cabinetry and stone countertops.
Efficient storage ideas like wine shelving on the island in the kitchen, and built-in medicine cabinets in the bathrooms are the kind of details that set James apart.
The rooftop deck has more than 5,000 square feet of green space with community garden plots and a children’s play area. A glass covered observatory or the “UP Lounge” on the roof is also open to all residents complete with an indoor kitchen, games room, couches and big screen TV.
With 29 floor plans, Evans says there’s something for everyone at James, in its collection
of 155 city homes and flats in one of Canada’s leading sustainable communities.
- James by Cressey Development Group
- False Creek: A greener community
- Located at West 1st Ave. and Crowe St.
- LEED silver standard
- Thoughtful details and careful planning
- One + den, two- and two-bedroom + den homes
- Rooftop garden and lounge
- Fitness facility, steam room and sauna
- Car share program
- On-site concierge services
- Prices start at $387,000
- Ready for move-in summer 2012
- Presentation Centre at 289 West 2nd Ave.
- Open noon to 5 p.m. daily except Fridays