10846 Whyte Ave.
Rating: *** 1/2
Price range: Low
Signature Dish: panini
Time in: 12:20
Time out: 12:50
Who has the cojones to open a chic urban bistro only a few feet away from Cafe Mosaics? I don’t usually visit a place in its first month, but I hit Press Cafe and Bistro prepared to be impressed.
I decided on a panini and salad ($10.50), selecting a hearty Montreal corned beef and fruit salad. I was about to order a Danesi coffee ($2.00), but spotted a cooler full of glass Coca-Cola bottles ($2.50). Pop just tastes better out of a bottle!
The fruit salad was a delightful combination of citrus, strawberries and melon while my corned beef needed a little more time in the press. After chugging my Coke, I returned for a rich, dark cup of coffee but avoided the pastries on display.
Choose the Press Cafe for a social lunch or first date. With the quality of the food, the warmth of the staff and a little practice, I wouldn’t be surprised if it stood up to Mosaics itself.
Latest From ...
- Federal employees affected by shutdown can head to these NYC spots for free meals on Tuesd...When Wall Street was a wall, and why it didn't workEntertainment
- Is the Lion King on Netflix?How many kids does Kate Middleton have?Lifestyle
- Is Starbucks open on Martin Luther King Day?Is Wawa open on MLK Day?Sports
- Subs key in Penn's Big 5 title clinching win over TempleEagles must make critical offseason decisions on offensive, defensive lines
- Federal employees affected by shutdown can head to these NYC spots for free meals on Tuesd...When Wall Street was a wall, and why it didn't workUpdate: Whoopi Goldberg apologizes for telling de Blasio that bike lanes are 'screwing' up...Is the Lion King on Netflix?How many kids does Kate Middleton have?Conan O'Brien's TBS talk show returns with a whole new look and formatIs Starbucks open on Martin Luther King Day?Is Wawa open on MLK Day?Finding the perfect outdoor space with the cast of Backyard Envy