• 2 lbs (1 kg) floury potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
• 4 baby parsnips, peeled and quartered lengthwise
• 4 carrots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
• 1 red onion, quartered
• 4 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) clear honey
• 1 orange, quartered
• 4 chicken breast fillets, with skin
• A few sprigs of fresh thyme or rosemary, or 2/3 tsp (2 ml) dried
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Parboil potatoes 5 minutes, then drain. Return potatoes to pot, cover and shake vigorously to roughen edges.
2. Lay potatoes, parsnips, carrots and onion in large roasting pan. In small bowl, mix oil, honey and squeezed juice from orange quarters. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat evenly. Slash skin on chicken fillets with sharp knife, then place among vegetables with squeezed orange quarters. Season and poke in herb sprigs, or sprinkle with dried herbs.
3. Roast chicken and vegetables in oven, turning vegetables over from time to time, 1 hour or until chicken is golden and cooked through and all vegetables are tender.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures