Transit train fire sparks terror during morning commute in Edmonton
Many passengers aboard a light rail transit train in Edmonton say itwas a terrifying experience when the roof of a rear car caught fireduring the morning commute.
Many passengers aboard a light rail transit train in Edmonton say it
was a terrifying experience when the roof of a rear car caught fire
during the morning commute.
Passengers say as the train moved
into a tunnel, they heard what sounded like an explosion and noticed
that part of the roof of their car was on fire.
They tried to put the flames out with fire extinguishers on board the transit train but it quickly filled with smoke.
Alyssa Morrison says it was a very frightening experience.
officials say they believe the blaze began when a piece of electrified
equipment fell onto the car's roof and started the fire.
pregnant woman was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation while
another person was treated for minor injuries at the scene. (CTV